All this work...for nothin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knittycat

Reaction score
Never leave the tap open on your bottling bucket when you are racking to it. (also, pay closer attention to the bucket while you are racking)

I've got no beer now.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

And no money to buy beer either.

On the brighter side: it will likely never happen again (to you). :)

Knittycat said:
Never leave the tap open on your bottling bucket when you are racking to it. (also, pay closer attention to the bucket while you are racking)

I've got no beer now.

Oh, damn that hurts, sorry bro.

And because the universe likes to rub salt in open wounds, my hands and my kitchen both smell rather strongly of beer. I seem to have missed some when I was moping.

Knittycat said:
And because the universe likes to rub salt in open wounds, my hands and my kitchen both smell rather strongly of beer. I seem to have missed some when I was moping.

Oh no!! Best thing you can do is make the kitchen smell like fresh boiling wort!

Knittycat said:

I've got no beer now.

Ouch. My condolences. I almost did this exact same thing two days ago. Had to pour sanitizer in my bucket to verify the spigot was closed... It was not.

I might need to cut back on the home brew while bottling.

Let me add a little some thingto the "Lessons Learned" here: Don't leave your bottling wand sitting in a bottle and walk away from it either. That little valve in the end of it will dribble under the weight of the wand and the hose.

And.... What the heck is a tea cozy?

Well maybe if you had spent less time moping and more time MOPPING!

Maybe someone in your area will take pity on your noobness and donate some ingredients for another brew...

Oh...what a bummer. I have had that happen to me before but I caught it when I started the siphon.

Today at 2:17am there was a disturbance in the force..now I know what it was. I could hear the sounds of wailing, cursing and taps in the wee hours of the morning. R I P beer, you will be sorely missed.

Back