5/16" ID hose too large?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsak

Reaction score
I went to pick up some hose from my local LHBS and accidentally bought 10ft of 5/16" instead of 3/16" (the guy there was no helpful and i forgot what size was best). Will this work OK, or do i need to try to exchange for 3/16"?

Thanks

damn, yeah that's what i figured.

i've got about 5ft of 3/16" from when i bought my kegging kit...i know most people recommend 8-10ft, but will this do the trick? at least for now, it might have to. LHBS is closed until tomorrow and i wanna tap a keg tonight!

Might take some testing to get the foam undercontrol, but being friday I'd MAKE IT WORK LOL

5 ft of 3/16 will work temporarily. Just make sure to turn the pressure down to maybe 5 PSI and bleed the pressure from the keg before drawing the beer. It'll work fine for the weekend. But long term I think you'll find that 10 ft of 3/16 is really the sweet spot. You can always cut it down if it's too long for your particular setup.

Back