had a good day today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul23

Reaction score
So, I brewed my second AG batch tonight with good results, except..... I had my hydrometer tube in the fridge cooling a sample down to check my mash efficiency and when my gf came home from work aggravated, se whipped the fridge door open and my hydrometer tube with sample came flying out spilled and broke on the tile floor.

Now I dont know what my mash efficiency is but I still read a 1.092 after cooling wort. So :ban:

Best part, she says "We can go to the LHBS this weekend ill buy you a new one, sorry." Im trying to hold in my excitement bc I want to go get another primary anyway so woohoo. :rockin:

No AK. Not today, lol. And thanks, I am excited to be doing AG now, just have to wait and see how they come out.

I am excited to be picking up another primary though. I mean if im goimg to my LHBS anyways. Cant waste the gas for nothing, right?

You gotta get on that!! If I dont brew once a week I feel like im behind...

There really should be a rugged hydrometer design with some super-rubberized coating, of course that would defy the science behind how it works I assume.

Or maybe a heavy-duty plastic version, surely that must exist...

There really should be a rugged hydrometer design with some super-rubberized coating, of course that would defy the science behind how it works I assume.

Or maybe a heavy-duty plastic version, surely that must exist...

They make them and they are a bit expensive, compared. Frankly, I'm amazed at how often people break these things. I still have the first one I bought back in '91! (Although I did recently drop the sample tube from the counter, cracking it at the top...)

Refractometers are awesome for all grain. A quick measurement at any temperature with a drop of wort. I still prefer hygrometers for FG tho...

I chuckled.

Anyway- that's definitely happened to me before with the sample tube. Man, I haven't brewed since December and it's KILLING me!

Hey! It's only January. You gotta relax, you brewed in December and its January and your excited about it? Wait until tomorrow to get excited. :D

Hehe ya, i still have to try and convince my gf that i need to get another primary for now. That means another brew day in my future.:D

Back