Tucson Brewers - Licensed Garage Brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clawler

Reaction score
Have any of the Tucson members gotten a license to sell beer out of their garage? I know it's very hard to become licensed with a garage, but was curious if anyone in Tucson has tried.

Chris:mug::mug::mug:

Your question prompted me to write the Alcohol board and here is the answer I received:

Homebrew does not require a liquor license when it is produced for personal use (not sold). In Arizona it is unlawful to sell liquor without a license. Unfortunately, there is no license available for a residential location.

You may reference azliquor.gov for more information if needed.

In short, it's illegal to sell out of your garage...

Well damn! I tried getting a hold of them and couldn't get a straight answer! Looks like I will be opening up a micro/nano brewery somewhere then! Thank you for your help.

I've heard from a few others that it has to be completely seperate from your residence as well. No doors connecting from residence to brewery as in a garage door. I assume you brew at your house as well. Good luck with your adventure!

Back