• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50 lb CO2 tank, tested abd filled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently exchanged two 50 lb CO2 tanks and had them filled by a local gas supplier. I only need one so the other one is for sale at $175. As I mentioned both have been tested and filled so local buyers only. There is a wall attached collar that I will also through into the sale. I have seen tanks that have not been recently tested or filled sell for $190 on ebay

003.jpg

Just to be clear on these tanks, I legally own them. They are not rented, leased or acquirred by any other means. They can either be refilled or exchanged by a number of local suppliers.

that's a hell of a lot of CO2! my 10lb lasts a year. I'm tempted to bite on this and am heading your way soon, but I'm afraid that the tank stamp would be out before I ever have to replace it. I don't know how much it cost to have them recertified, but I'm happy with my 10lb.

I started with two old tanks that had not been in use for 10+ years and the local CO2 welding shop just exchanged them for more recent ones that were full. It cost about $42 after tax per tank. I went this route because my wife and kids love soda water which runs at 40 psi but I doubt I will refill one of these within two years. My place of employment wanted the old tanks removed and that was going to cost them money so I was given them in exchange for their removal. The gauge and support brackets come with the tank.

Is your 50lb tank still for sale? I do live in SLC, UT. Is it possible you could ship it here? Ofcourse, those shipping costs would be added to your purchase price. Also, is the tank full? Obviously an empty tank would be cheaper to ship. Thanks for your time.

Back