Sankey Kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adolphus79

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I keep seeing them up on eBay, and generally they are no more expensive than the 5 gallon cornys. Is there any way for a homebrewer to fill the 1/2 bbl Sankey (BMC) style kegs?

I don't plan on lugging them around... fill one up, put it in a kegarator, leave it til empty... I still need to get a kegarator first though... ;)

Just making mental notes for the future is all... like I said, I've seen them selling as cheap as the cornys on eBay sometimes...

I'd say that if you can brew 15.5 gallons go for it...I just got a hold of a few 1/4 barrels (7.75) sankeys and are going to fill them wthin the next couple of days.. They weren't that much of a pain in the ass to clean.. I just took the tops off pulled out the dip tubes and soaked for 2 days. Took a carboy brush and some oxyclean and went at it. Let them soak for a few more days and scrubbed again. Put the diptube back on and flushed all the soap out through a hand tap. For the final step i filled with amberdyne until i fill them. I'll let you know how they work.. I'm not sure who it is but they have a pretty cool video of how to take the dip tube out.. I think it's a few pages back under one of my posts. Just search the site and you should find it.

Back