Charlottesville, Va

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12th street taphouse was great before I moved away in May 2009. They had just opened in 2008 and were really catering to the craft brew aficionados - they sold 20oz beers at pint prices, same price for big beers, and a solid selection on tap for Charlottesville. They also had a frequent-drinker card that cut $1 off the price of each beer. I remember sipping my $3 20oz SN Bigfoot and wondering 1) why I would ever drink anywhere else and 2) how I was going to get home after 2 of them.

As they became more successful, they changed. I don't know what 12th street is like now, but when I left they had introduced variable pricing on the beers, and the selection wasn't as wild and crazy.

Maybe some of the homebrew club members from CAMRA can pipe up about 12th street.

I had a day-stop in Charlottesville last winter. We accidentally found an Irish Pub (McGrady's I think, from Google Maps) that was pretty decent. I have no idea how it compares to anything else in the area, but I know they had good beers on tap and decent food (and many TVs).

I lived in C-ville for a while. There is enough good beer to be found. I realize I am probably late and this isn't useful to you anymore but I wonder why more people don't use the ratebeer place finder for stuff like this?

http://www.ratebeer.com/places/states/46/

It is an indispensable tool for me when I am traveling.

We made our trip to C-Ville a few weeks ago.
Went to the South Street brewery. Great food!

Not so great beer.
Especially the hefe.

We're going back in October for a longer trip. I'll try these other places.

Thanks everyone

Back