Fridge/freezer conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhatchable

Reaction score
I didn't want to jack the last post, but have a similar question (sorta) Is there any way to convert a side by side fridge having, each side serving a different purpose. I want to leave the fridge side untouched and install a keg equipment/ use it for bottle storage, so temp on that side is good. But I want the freezer side to be my temp controlled brewing environment. Is there any thing I can do to make Just the freezer side adjustable between lager and ale range (maybe giving it a range from say 45 degrees up to upper 60's or so). If so, then maybe someone a little more crafty than me can give me an idea of what it is going to entail. thanks

I believe that no matter what, the freezer will always be colder than the refrigerator side. A typical refrigerator has a single compressor; the compressor is controlled by the freezer set-point. The refrigerator side is adjusted relative to the freezer and is kept cold by diverting cold air from the freezer via a flapper/blower combination.

It may still work, but you might have to swap things around depending on whether your are lagering or brewing ales, since the serving temperature would be somewhere between the two.

do you think there'd be a way to mod it to separate the two sides? Another compressor and thermostat possibly?

Latest posts

Back