Fermostat frermentation controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
A guy in my homebrew club is starting up a business called "Ohm Brew"

His first product is still in development and I am actually lucky enough to be a beta tester. It is a single stage (beta version) programmable fermentation controller. It can be set up to do any fermentation profile you desire. Two stage control is planned for the production model.

I should be getting it delivered any day...

Here is a link to his Blog.

I am in no way affiliated with this startup other than having just purchased a Beta unit and giving him my honest feedback for development of the production model.

Fermostat_beta%20002_resize.jpg

Love the name.... Any idea what the target pricing is going to be for a dual-stage controller?

Nope... It wouldn't be right for me to talk $$$ here in this forum. It's not my business. However, the full production model will be competitively priced, I'm sure... :rockin:
Feel free to visit his blog and contact him through that.

I was the last one in on the early bird. It is good to hear solid reports. ETA of November, so it will be awhile before posting hands on updates.

I was the last one in on the early bird. It is good to hear solid reports. ETA of November, so it will be awhile before posting hands on updates.

LOL..you cost(ed) me 20 bucks!!! I love this idea. I hope November is a conservative estimate, rather than an ambitious one...but this is a great idea and specifically I'll hook this up to a fridge dedicated to Lagering!

LOL..you cost(ed) me 20 bucks!!! I love this idea. I hope November is a conservative estimate, rather than an ambitious one...but this is a great idea and specifically I'll hook this up to a fridge dedicated to Lagering!

I feel your pain. I always am late to the party on KS. First Kickstarter that I got in early enough for an early bird and it was pure luck after reading a 2+ month old thread on AHA and searching KS.

Hopefully, Caleb keeps everyone in the loop on the production schedule and ETA.

Yeah, Caleb is pretty STOKED!
It's really nifty knowing someone... check that... Two people now with successful KickStarter Campaigns. The other guy was Rabit Hole Brewing in Justin, Tx. They funded their tap-room.

Huaco,

Are you able/allowed to share any of your experiences with the beta?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing, but out of respect, I will just tell you that it was a good thing that he Beta tested this unit. There were a few glaring issues with the unit to begin with, but every issue has since been fixed with firmware upgrades. I actually don't even have the same unit I originally received. He would build a few extra units with the latest upgrades and then would simply trade them out and update the old one.

Caleb has been a stand-up guy to deal with so far and has been open to any and all suggestions I threw his way... even some VERY off-the-wall suggestions. But I won't divulge those here. :D

Huaco,

If one of your suggestions was the removable media SD Card stretch goal, well done sir, well done. I think I like that even more than WiFi. I have become distrustful of devices with built in WiFi since getting the WiFi version of the BBQ Guru for my smoker a year or so ago. It seems to have a range to my cell phone of about 10 feet.

Wow! Talk about being late to the party!! I just came across this post. Thanks for the comments Huaco (and everyone one)!
I'm super excited about the results so far on Kickstarter. I am optimistic that I can make the November ship date. It is possible that things can come up to delay this date, but at this time, I don't foresee any problems with that.

Any new updates on this? I've been researching controllers and the Ohmbrew is on my list of out of the box solutions.

Back