$17.99 Cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac

Reaction score
I bought 4 kegs from Adventures in hombrewing (homebrewing.org).

Anyone purchase kegs from this company before and how did everything turn out? Were the kegs in good shape.. etc? I dont care if they are dirty.. I will clean them...

I called on Sunday to speak with an employee about theses kegs. Everything seemed legit so I went ahead and processed my order over the phone. I have recieved a email notice that the shipping process has started.. Seems everything is going alot better than the stories I read about kegkits.com... I cant wait for the kegs to show up.

Anyway... What has been your experiences with theses cheaper kegs?

Sweetness!!! I cant wait for them to arrive.. Thanks!!

How much do they usually run at local stores?

I ordered 2 from them got them in about 4 days.they were clean and looked great did not look used at all. good place to deal with

I ordered 4 from them a while back. They were dirty, sticky, and a couple were banged up. However, they all worked fine so for that price I didn't care.

Some oxyclean and elbow grease takes care of it. You will definitely want to get some o-ring kits.

I had a great experience with this store. I bought my introduction kegging kit from them: keg, lines, reg, CO2 tank, etc. The regulator had issues (probably a busted bladder). I called them and they immediately shipped me a replacement, no questions asked. Very reputable. My keg was previously used for soda, and needed a cleaning, but all used kegs do.

My neighbor shopped in this brick and mortar for my homebrew kit, a Christmas gift from my wife. My neighbor isn't into kegging, but he only shops at thi store for all of his extract brewing ingredients and equipment. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff, I'm told.

I may have to ask him to pick up a few kegs - that ought to help me get started with kegging!

Repeat buyer from them (just visit mcmastercar for O rings); Had one that had couple small dings, but all were easily cleaned, shined, but most importantly hold pressure and are holding up well.

Recommend them myself unless you're supporting your LHBS or fellow home brewer :)

Keeping pressure is most important to me... I have looked at my 2 lhb stores around town and they were 40 bucks or more.. probably in the same condition..

I did pick up an o-ring set from them as well for an extra 3 dollars a keg...

Shipping notice says they are on the way.. So far I am happy with the service and cant wait to get them cleaned up and full of beer!!

Do you have part numbers for the o rings at mcmastercar?

Do you have part numbers for the o rings at mcmastercar?

McMaster-Carr actually, my bad...

9452K218 1 Pack Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 417
($12.31 lid seal, pack of 10)
9452K23 1 Pack Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 111
($2.15 pack of 100)
9452K172 1 Pack Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 109
($1.89 pack of 100)

I forget which are post/dip tube rings, but definitely worth it!

Bought 5 of them along with other equipment last month. All came pressurized with a little syrup in them. Gave them a good bath with oxyclean and replaced O rings. Very pleased with them!

I picked up 4 from them and they were all holding pressure which is all I really ask for. However, in the future I'll be giving insco2 (HBT member) my kegging business because of his excellent customer service.

Well, the kegs came into day pressurized and on time.. Overall I very happy with the service and kegs shipped. I would do business with them again.

+1 homebrewing.org

Back