ID that keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abandonhope16

Reaction score
I need new poppets, Can someone help me ID my keg so I know what type to get please. TIA

image-492844235.jpg

image-550439280.jpg

Get a "universal" poppet then you don't have to worry about a specific type. I got tired of having four different poppet types for all of my kegs and have since started replacing them with the universal ones.

index.jpg

I doubt anyone is going to be able to positively id a keg from those two pics.

Most kegs have manufacturer data inscribed on the body somewhere. Is this keg totally blank?

Cheers!

Sorry, cell pics in the basement..... It's hard to read bc it looks like there was a label over the writing at some point. But it appears to say: The Cornelius Co. Super Champion. There is some smaller text that is hard to make out.
I was thinking of just getting universal so I could have them on hand; but typically anything that is universal tends to not work as well.

Oh, I guess I answered my question, seems it falls under Type B. Thanks for the tip. Have people had luck with universal poppets?

Some people rave about them. I have one and it sucks, spits beer everywhere. I would just compare the pics and hope for the best.

Back