Monster Mill Hopper Extension

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
Anyone have the extension and can give me some dimensions?

Obviously the perimeter is the same dimensions as the top of the base hopper... i'm just looking for the height of the add on section.

Thanks!

I'd think that if you know the base dimensions you could make the extension any height / size you want.

ya... the reason i was curious was because their website tells you how many lbs the extension adds. i was going to use that to determine how big i wanted/needed mine.

or is there a calculation someone has come up with in terms of X square inches = X lbs of grain???

I can tell you that the 10 gallon Grey bins from Wally-World will hold just short of 50 pounds of grain.

Divide the 50 pounds by 10 gallons and you come up with 5 pounds per gallon and 1 gallon = 231 Cubic Inches.

Divide the 5 pounds by 231 Cubic Inches and you have 0.022 pounds per cubic inch.

Monster Mill states their hopper extension is 9" X 12.5" at the bottom and 9" X 12.75". And since the taper is even you can average the two for 9" X 12.625" X 12.625" = 1434.5 Cubic Inches.

And 1434.5 X 0.022 = 31.56 pounds.

Their web site states "Adds 28 pound base grain capacity to the base hopper" and I mentioned a little earlier that the 10 gallon bins from Wally-World hold just short of 50 pounds of grain & this accounts for the error.

Back