Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this a home brewing site? Not a baseball forum?

Go troll somewhere else.

I'm grouchy. The Brewers are about to be eliminated. GAWD I hate the Cardinals, especially LaRussa, aka whiner boy. I will be rooting for the Rangers in the final. I wonder if I will have to wait another 30 years to see the Brewers in the World Series. Time for a beer or several. :(

Go troll somewhere else.

I'm grouchy. The Brewers are about to be eliminated. GAWD I hate the Cardinals, especially LaRussa, aka whiner boy. I will be rooting for the Rangers in the final. I wonder if I will have to wait another 30 years to see the Brewers in the World Series. Time for a beer or several. :(

Whoah. Now come on, 2/3rds of the game left. 3 swings and this game could be tied.

passedpawn said:
Whoah. Now come on, 2/3rds of the game left. 3 swings and this game could be tied.

I really like your optimism, but I'm not so confident. I'm afraid Bernie may be right.

Apparently this is just a Cardinals tune up game.

Oh well, they will get destroyed in the WS.

Rangers are on a different level right now. No team has ever lost back to back World Series'..

Either way, I probably won't be watching the games other than the high lights on ESPN.

I really don't care the outcome. Just remember Cards fans, say thanks to Fielder for getting you home field advantage.

Rangers are on a different level right now. No team has ever lost back to back World Series'..

Either way, I probably won't be watching the games other than the high lights on ESPN.

I really don't care the outcome. Just remember Cards fans, say thanks to Fielder for getting you home field advantage.

And don't forget to thank the Phillies for getting you into the playoffs to begin with.

Call me a bad sport if you will, but I hope the Cards get swept. And I hope Larussa gets hit right between the eyes with a foul liner off of Pujols' bat. I hate the Cards. Even more than the Cubs. Yes, I am still grouchy.:mad:

Call me a bad sport if you will, but I hope the Cards get swept. And I hope Larussa gets hit right between the eyes with a foul liner off of Pujols' bat. I hate the Cards. Even more than the Cubs. Yes, I am still grouchy.:mad:

lol!

yeah i'm a bit grouchy too. but it was a solid beating. they deserved to win, no question. cards got rocket-hot september and haven't cooled off.

cards got rocket-hot september and haven't cooled off.

Precisely why I have been saying since early September that I didn't want them sneaking in the back door to the playoffs. Reminded me too much of what the Packers did in the NFL last year and it is turning out the exact same way. A white-hot team at the right time. Dang.

My dog, Bernie Brewer (dogs name), has rancid gas right now. Seems fitting atm.

This is going to make for a bitter weekend for me, today's my "Friday". Hoping for a Ranger's win, just looking forward to watching the Packers and Badgers now.

MirImage said:
My dog, Bernie Brewer (dogs name), has rancid gas right now. Seems fitting atm.

This is going to make for a bitter weekend for me, today's my "Friday". Hoping for a Ranger's win, just looking forward to watching the Packers and Badgers now.

Holy crap you named your dog after me? I'm honored. I think. ;)

I am so stoked for this series! A little fact I just heard that I did not know...The Rangers and the Cards have played one 3 game series in their history. It was in Arlington back in 2004. Let's Go RANGERS!!!!!!

Edit: And the Cards took 2 of 3...

Ok I'll be the one to say "Go Cards!!!"

I have a feeling there will be so many runs scored that I will run out of beer in the 7th and have a hear attack.

That is awesome! He is going to be very disappointed when a) no one gives him a ticket and b) the RANGERS kick the Cards ASS!

And Hood, it Texas, not Texans. The Texans are a football team from Houston. hahahaha

That is awesome! He is going to be very disappointed when a) no one gives him a ticket and b) the RANGERS kick the Cards ASS!

And Hood, it Texas, not Texans. The Texans are a football team from Houston. hahahaha

You specify as if i care. Your all just a bunch of texans to me. lol

Well, I wasn't going to watch any of the WS since i am still being a bad sport about the Brew Crew not being there, but tonight was dart night and it was unavoidable. Good game. Great pitching, and the Cards lost. Go Rangers!

And I am still waiting for LaRussa to get hit between the eyes by a foul liner.

Yup...leave it to the relievers to give up a win (said the SF fan).

Either way, absolutely SOLID starter pitching on both ends...Garcia was dialed 99% of the time he stepped on the mound. 2 epic double plays on both sides...I smell 7 games.

That was a good game to watch even though we blew the 1-0 lead in the top of the 9th. I've said all along this is going 7

Back