Dandelions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the interest of full disclosure, this is for a beer, not a wine. However, most of my searching regarding dandelions turn up results for dandelion wine, so I figured some winemakers might have more experience with acquiring them. Sooo...

Does anyone know of a place to get dandelion flowers in bulk? Everyone's in a full summertime mowing schedule around me, and I haven't seen any dandelions in months. I found places selling dried greens and roots, but I cannot for the life of me find any flowers. Any suggestions?

They don't flower year round, and I don't know if anyone grows them for flowers. I would just look for unsold houses or vacant lots. You need a bunch to make any kind of flavor impact, so it is going to be hard for you.

That's what I figured. I'll look around some of the local parks/baseball fields for some. Thanks for the reply!

I'm in the same problem as you. I wanted to make dandelion wine and now I can only find sporadic dandelions. Next spring I will be ready and any dandelion I now see goes to the chickens (they love dandelion greens).

Grow your own. Those suckers are an easy and fast harvest. Plus you will know that they are chemical free.

I think they must only bloom in spring. I'll get a couple random flowers lately, but a couple months ago my yard was producing them like there was no tomorrow. I harvested quite a bit. They are just chillin in my freezer til I figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Back