best tasting coopers can or extract kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not done any of the coopers kits personally but I have done a 6 or so of the brewers best kits, all with excellent results. They give you a little more flexibility over the coopers kits with additional steeping grains etc...

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk, hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thomas coopers ipa but add extra fermentables also check on youtube look up craigtube he loves coopers kits

Northern Brewer has some great kits. Coopers are no boil and ok for the beginner but if you are going to start tinkering with them you might as well just buy a real extract or pm kit.

I tried three differnt coopers kit and didn't like any of them. They all seemed to have an "off" flavor to them. I even added dme to one of them and still didn't like it. No more cooper kits for me.

The Coopers Lager is pretty good. Don't use the 2.2 Lbs of sugar though. Use DME and about 250 to 500 Grams of sugar with about 250 to 500 grams of Maltodexrine (for head retention). This is basicly what Coopers brew enhancer is.

I've made this one 2 or 3 times and it turns out good every time. I've added honey or brown sugar as well and it turns out good.

The best way with these kits is to use steeping grains though. It helps knock down the twang you get with LME. I keep one in the pipe when I'm running low on beer.

One additional note, ferment the beer on the low side temperature wise. My basement is 59 to 60 degrees. I made one that was in the mid to upper 70's and it had a lot of off tastes. I don't see that with fermenting in the low to mid 60's.

Latest posts

Back