SLC brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loptr

Reaction score
Howdy gang,

Looking for SLC area brewers (heathens to be precise).

I have been doing extract (for a really long time) prepping to move to 10 gal allgrain.

I have a couple brew buddies and have taught a few too, but I'm always on the lookout for more. :tank:

Could use an experienced masher to supervise my jump to allgrain in nearish future.

Loptr

Another 801 brewer? **** man, the DABC is going to be onto us!

Welcome to the forum! I'm up east near the mouth of Parleys Canyon and brew 5G-10G AG every month or two.

Happy Valley here. Started brewing in April. Started extract and up to Mini-mashes myself. Going to make the jump to all grain but probably wont be till the spring till i have the fundage to do that.

This guy runs a great beer blog - http://utahbeer.blogspot.com/ the homebrew clubs are on the bottom right. Might be something to check out.

I'm an Alaskan brewer with a girlfriend in slc.....i make it down to the promised land of slc one day...love it there!

Kodiak? Beeears! I lived in Anchorage for 6 years, and remember a dead/stuffed Kodiak grizzly that was standing up on display at the local shopping center. It dwarfed me and my puny BMX bike. Huge!

I live just around the mountain, in Tooele. Started to brew this summer and have been going strong since. Hopefully we can meet one day and share experiences.

SLC is in a valley with a briny ancient lake to its northern/northwestern side. This briny ancient lake didn't used to be so salty (or small)- it used to be much larger, covering thousands of square miles of the Great Basin in the Western US. It was over 320 miles long, over 100 miles wide, and over 1000 feet deep at its peak: which made it larger and deeper than lake Michigan is today. SLC is located on the bottom of the prehistoric lake Bonneville.

SLC is heavily populated by followers of the LDS religioun, and it does contain some remnants of polygamy (even though the LDS church does not condone polygamy any longer). Some holdouts, also known as "heathens" or "gentiles" brew and make SLC a better place.

Just kidding, it's Salt Lake City- in case you didn't get it already :) But all that I said is actually true, however.

hmmmm....

Perhaps we ought to consider a meeet n brew or sumtin.
I'd be down with observing the allgrain process.

L

I'm in the Sugar House area. Still brewing partials but hope to make the jump to all grain this spring with my tax return. I would like to participate in some all grain brewing sessions. Hand me an invite and I'll be there!

Sounds like next spring we should have a BBQ and have a all grain brewer show us the ropes. Ill bring the shrimp and my awesome tequila cocktail sauce.

:mug:

I can smoke sumtin like say a pork butt, beer can chickens or whatever.

Hopefully by spring I will have my allgrain set up ready to roll.

Used my new 1500 W DIY heatshtick yesterday to augment the stove top and it shaved a crazy amount of time off getting to boil!

:rockin:

Speaking of pork, I have a great recipe for home made BBQ sauce that makes an excellent pulled pork sandwich, goes great with beer.....but then what doesn't go great with beer!!! Beer makes every meal better!!!

Anyone in SLC want to buy a 6.5 gallon carboy my wife wants me to get rid of it. she says i am clumsey and does not want me to kill myself with it one day. Willing to take a trade for a better bottle or a couple of fermenters.

EDIT--- I am in Syracuse

Pick up 2, 5 gallon primarys with air locks and you can have it. oh it also has a carrying handle on it

I'd have a hard time parting with the 5's I just got, I want to add a couple of 6.5's to round out my set.

i think i was unclear i will trade it for a couple of 6.5 gallon firmenters buckets

Put me onthe list for rights of first refusal if you dont get the swap. I will be getting two new fermenters from Beernut by Sat anyways.

Loptr it is yours. you wouldn't happen to need some bottles would you?
I have a bunch i don't want anymore.

Hey Guys
Check the sub forum on here for a Utah branch. Not nearly as active as the main board, but a good resource.

10 months ago I was an extract brewer wanting to step up. I put a call to help/observe an all grain brew process on the Utah board and got an offer. Found out my coworkers brother was a former head brewer at a local brew pub. I observed one of his sessions and took off from there.

I now have a 10 gallon electrical system and a keezer, and more beer than I know what to do with, any suggestions? As much beer as i have around I would be looking to brew something soon for the Holiday gift giving.

I will have a brew session and will be glad to show some extract brewers to observe maybe you can help me with the excess beer? If anyone is interested Send me a PM and I will contact you when I brew next.

Back