What can I do with this Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twang

Reaction score
I was picking up a keg to make keggle out of and saw this and got it too. Can it be used for anything except a cask?

photo5yt.jpg

photo4uzq.jpg

photo6r.jpg

*edit - picture fix

I'm trying to get into all grain, was hoping to make a keggle with it but that doesn' t look like an option.

how does a keg get dented from the inside? I'd be careful, there might be a gremlin hiding in there just dying to get out!
Seriously, the dent on the bottom makes me wonder...

It's normal for that type of keg. I have one that I've been meaning to turn into a keggle. It has the same dent on the bottom. They're just not as stable as sanke kegs.

It's normal for that type of keg. I have one that I've been meaning to turn into a keggle. It has the same dent on the bottom. They're just not as stable as sanke kegs.

What are you planning on doing with the whole in the side when you use it as a keggle?

I've got one of those as well and was wondering the same.

Fireloo, your PM inbox is full. Where is your friend and how much does he offer for these?

Back