Label for Guinness Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truello

Reaction score
I made this label a while ago but never shared it. It was originally for a cider I made and had a green background. My first beer (a pumpkin ale) is currently halfway through the secondary so I figured I'd get a new label ready, taking advantage of my old label.

2893145161_67f219f5d4_o.png

2951325503_7bda99dba6.jpg

It was tricky to get the label to fit the Guinness bottle properly, since the label must be arced slightly. I ended up writing a quick JavaScript calculator that inputs the top arc length (measured by taking a string around the bottle) and the bottom arc length, and the label height, and calculating how big the arc must be. Then it was a matter of putting it into photoshop and warping my image.

If anyone has had this problem before I'd be happy to upload the calculator for public use.

The fish was a doodle I used to draw in class :p. I thought of it while trying to think of a label and a few hours later I had a decent label.

Thanks for the compliments

question how did you get the wiggit out? i have a ton of these bottles thatidliketouseandi cant get them out.

nice ill have to try it. i tried the method used to get the limes out of a corona bottle but it did not work out so well. thanks a lot.

Back