Off Topic, forgive me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVB

Reaction score
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78064&stc=1&d=1349235235

I have no idea what I'm trying to do with this 'program'. Hopefully the picture of two bottles, one labeled 'Premium White', the other 'Sake' will show up. We (my wife and I) bottled these in January 1993 and February 1993. The Premium White was made from apple juice, white raisins and other 'stuff' I don't remember. The Sake was rice and white raisins and lots of sugar, added about a half pound at the time for eternity. I have tasted the Sake and it is amazing compared to where it was the first time I tasted it. (kerosene). I haven't tasted the apple wine in fifteen years or more and I wonder if had enough alcohol in it to sustain taste. Anyway, 19 years. I'll probably wait until next year to crack the 'Premium White'. Forgive the off topic, I just wanted to share.

1993 Wine & Sake.jpg

Wow, coming up on twenty? Pretty cool. I made some port that I tasted at ten and it was great, good luck with the bottles.

I am just impressed that you have that much patience to wait that long. None of my homebrew lasts more than a month after the keg is tapped. I need to learn some willpower.

That's a lot of headspace. I'd be worried they're super oxidized, but you said they are getting better so who knows. Have those been opened?

That's a lot of headspace. I'd be worried they're super oxidized, but you said they are getting better so who knows. Have those been opened?

I did open the Sake. Note the rubber 'pump the air out' closure. The 'Premium White' leaked around the cork. It did not have that much head space all those years ago and I did not have the stain on my carpet under the wine rack then either. I wish I had not posted this. It is getting harder by the day to leave the bottles alone...especially the apple. Maybe tonight............

Back