Beer Smith DME selection question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsncrabs

Reaction score
I am making a Northern Brewer Oktoberfest extract kit. It contains Briess pilsen light DME. I am entering this recipe into Beer Smith for future use and this pilsen light DME is not listed as an ingredient to select. Does anyone know what this item would be listed as in Beer Smith? Maybe extra light dry extract?

In that situation, I would typically just select "Light Dry Malt Extract". If you want to record that it was Pilsen specifically, you should be able to just add a new ingredient type.

I also think there are ingredient packs and stuff, but I haven't messed around with them.

I've got this one lagering right now. Hoping to have it ready to drink by the end of august.

I've got this one lagering right now. Hoping to have it ready to drink by the end of august.

Let me know how it turns out. I brewed a kit from my LHBS today and am doing the NB kit on Sunday. It had more grains and different LME and hops than the LHBS kit so I wanted to try and compare. Should be ready for the fall crabbing parties.

You also have the ability to "Add Ingredients" to Beersmith fyi.

I added Maple Syrup for a brewing experiment I had. I also have added fruit and other additives as I needed them.

Thanks for the tip. You are awesome! I didn't know all of those addons were available. I just got the software and havent really looked at everything. :mug:

And just in case you didn't know, the new version comes out tomorrow. You'll want to sign up for your free upgrade here if you purchased on or after Feb. 15th. In the new version the "add-on's" can be added from directly within the program.

Let me know how it turns out. I brewed a kit from my LHBS today and am doing the NB kit on Sunday. It had more grains and different LME and hops than the LHBS kit so I wanted to try and compare. Should be ready for the fall crabbing parties.

I started mine a month or so ago. It's just dumb luck that I started it at the right time to be ready for fall.

And just in case you didn't know, the new version comes out tomorrow. You'll want to sign up for your free upgrade here if you purchased on or after Feb. 15th. In the new version the "add-on's" can be added from directly within the program.

Yep, already have the activation codes for the upgrade. Cant wait to play with it.

Back