Lactose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I ordered ingredients from my LHBS to make a sweet stout and they missed the lactose sugar. Dumb question, but is lactose sugar sold in grocery stores?

Nope I dont think so, You'll have to get it from a brew store or site... sucks I know.

Sounds to me like if it was their mistake they should overnight it to you or pay for your gas to go back out there. I know I'd be pissed. :mad:

Sounds to me like if it was their mistake they should overnight it to you or pay for your gas to go back out there. I know I'd be pissed. :mad:

That sounded like a good idea so I gave them a call. The salesman that I dealt with yesterday wasn't in today and being as this particular store doesn't do an itemized receipt I wasn't able to prove that I paid for the lactose. The guy answering the phone was real polite, but it pretty much boiled down to "it sucks to be you." I phoned in the order and my wife picked it up. I can't say that I am totally surprised that something got screwed up. I just hope that all the grains they bagged for me are correct. It could wind up being a mystery beer.

Back