Brewferm Extracts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any body used any of the brewferm products and how did they turn out?

If you are talking about the Brewferm hopped extract kits from Belgium, I've tried several. Like most things, there are some good ones and some not-so-good ones. The Dubble and Triple were good to OK, but the Grand Cru wasn't. All were made to kit directions. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Im going to give several of them a try. I was told to make them to the 2.5 gallon batch size. And another person tol me to make them to the 2 gallon batch size for better flavor.

Smeg I just cooked up a batch of the Grand Cru... I wasn't willing to pay 30 bucks for the Kriek kit.

Not all of the batch sizes are the same for all of the Brewferm styles. As much as it hurts me to say this, but ..............."check the instructions" for your particular kit. They'll be in litres, but thats an easy on-line conversion.

Ya i was checking that out.

What im going to do is just not add as much of the extract for the larger batch sizes

I brew 2 ballon batches so adding that little extra wont hurt anything. Just going to have a little stronger brew.

brewed up a a 5 gallon batch of their Diablo, it turned out great, it was a long time ago, about my 4th batch of beer ever.. Id do it again for an easy, good tasting beer.

i will stick with my 2 gallon brewing. 5 gallons is just to much for me. Im the only beer drinker in the house.

The different kits make different sized batches. Unfortunately these were listed on the instructions and not on the cans of the malt extract. I saw a batch of their kriek that intrigues me.

I made the diablo kit back about a month ago turned or nice relly good color and taste and I did it in 5 gallons just like the instructions said to.

Back