Anyone have this recipe :-)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflongo

Reaction score
I just went to the corner bar in rockford, and tried a Brewery Vivant beer and it was very good.

Brewery Vivant Farmhand Ale – Grand Rapids
A light, rustic French Style Ale brewed to refresh farm hands after a long
day in the fields. Yours to enjoy – no field work required!(5.5% ABV)

The guys at Vivant have always been pretty cool when I've talked to them...you could always ask them :D

That is on my todo list, over the next month or so, I'll try and visit them. Just see if they can give me a idea of the recipe to try it out.

I'll also add that I think you should just ask them. They were homebrewers before they got the brewery going, and frequented Sicilianos' market in Allendale for supplies. They did a seminar a couple of years ago just as they were opening and they seemed like really nice guys. I'm betting they could help you out.

I'm not much into Belgian beers, but I do like that farmhouse ale. I even went to buy some last night at the bottle shop in Big Rapids and they didn't have a single BV can in the whole place! I thought they had dropped them from their distribution, but it turns out they were just sold out at that time. I guess they are getting pretty popular lately.

I got to hang out in the brewery last year when I judged for the Siciliano's Market Homebrew Competition in May. They had the judging in the back. There isn't much room for expansion in that place! If you haven't been there, I recommend checking it out. Nice taproom and good food too.

Yep, maybe next month, we'll get a babysitter and have a couples night out there :)

I've asked Vivant to share their solitude recipe, it is against their policy, but gave me some hints.

We still haven't had a chance to go there, hopefully this summer. I would just like to know grain and hops. They don't need to give exact percentages.

Back