Corny keg price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcrew86

Reaction score
There is a guy I found on Craigslist selling corny kegs for $50 a piece that need seals replaced and probably a cleaning. Is it worth it? They are in great condition.

Seems high to me. I can get them for 55 cleaned and have had seals replaced. 40 bucks for what your guy is selling. Lowball him and see what he says.

I wouldn't pay that much unless they were ready for use. I'm still deployed and unable to buy in person, but instead spent the last few months shopping from the internet and searching as many websites and searching CL across the US and comparing prices. $50 is the standard keg price on CL, whether it's a Corny or a Sanke.

I buy from Keg Connection. Ball locks are $60, fully reconditioned and come with a set of replacement gaskets. Pin locks are $35 right now. $8 flat shipping.

Definitely do not pay $50 if you have to clean and recondition. I'd start with $30 to $35 offer and pay no more than $40.

Ball locks for 30 plus shipping from keggle brewing. They are cleaned and seals replaced. Stickers on some, but I don't care about that

my LHBS sells ball locks for $55 - they are pressurized in the store so you can verify the seals are good.

i bought 2 of craigslist last week fro $20/each. only used by Pepsi - still smelled like soda. crazy bargain

I bought 3 yesterday for $50 each. One was new and the other two were gently used. He threw in a bunch of odds and ends and I felt I got a good deal.

Ball locks for 30 plus shipping from keggle brewing. They are cleaned and seals replaced. Stickers on some, but I don't care about that

I have recently bought 12 ball lock corney kegs total via three separate order from Keggle Brewing. All of the kegs came cleaned, new rings and pressurized. I did have to do some extra cleaning on a few due to a slight soda smell but I have been very happy with the quality of these kegs.I usually end up paying about $8 per keg in shipping.

008.jpg

006.jpg

Adventures in homebrewing will sell you 4 used for 160. They may have some minor dents/scratches, but totally useable. They also seal check them all (if they leak, they replace the seals, so you may end up with new ones). I wouldn't buy one that you know needs work for more than 35 if I can get one that I know doesn't need work for 40.

I second adventures in homebrewing. The price is right and they stand behind what they sell. http://www.homebrewing.org/I purchased a few kegs from them a few months ago. One had the old flipper metal style D pressure release valve that after cleaning would not hold pressure. After a 2 minute call they offered to mail me a new lid after noticing I live an hour away. Their ingredients are always fresh as well. Very high turnover. Don't let the old looking site fool you. :)

Back