Whattya pourin' for Christmas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatwad

Reaction score
Lookin forward to poppin a few soon

uvjew.jpg

I have a bomber of Great Divide Imperial Stout and Stone Smoked Porter. It's going to be a dark Christmas!!

I'd love a 6'r of that German rauchbier! We're having my 1st take on the #3 Burton ale,& my wife's summer ale with English style hops & lemon. At 6.8%,the Burton should warm the ol' cockles a bit. Her's looks like a light gold color,& the smell at bottling was a bright floral,nectar,lemony thing. Can't wait till tonight to try it.
We still have some Kentucky bourbon barrel ale,& some Harpoon winter warmer. The winter warmer goes great with toll house cookies. Lienenkugel's foreside nut brown is excellent with pecan pie made with dark karo.

We'll be pouring some NB Bourbon Barrel Porter at our daughter and son-in-law's place as we meet our newborn grandson for the first time! My wife and youngest daughter are already in Dallas; daughter #2, daughter #3 and I will fly from Chicago O'Hare to Dallas tomorrow...Christmas Day. Since wife and daughter #4 drove down, THEY took the beer!

Merry Christmas to all you home brewers! Enjoy!

glenn514:mug:

We'll be pouring some NB Bourbon Barrel Porter at our daughter and son-in-law's place as we meet our newborn grandson for the first time! My wife and youngest daughter are already in Dallas; daughter #2, daughter #3 and I will fly from Chicago O'Hare to Dallas tomorrow...Christmas Day. Since wife and daughter #4 drove down, THEY took the beer!

Merry Christmas to all you home brewers! Enjoy!

glenn514:mug:
Cool deal, I'm brewing that one right now for next Christmas :mug:

I'll be drinking some cider I brewed and an IPA I made, and some stuff I bought at the store. I have some aged beers but I'm on the fence about drinking them or waiting another year...:eek:

Right now, I'm drinking the last of a batch of Saccharomyces' Irish Red. The, I think, New Belgium Snow Day & some of my Founders Breakfast Stout clone. This evening, will crack a tube of New Glarus' Golden Ale that we picked up at the company store while on a visit to le pays de tête fromage this Summer.

A have some Russian Imperial Stout, Double Chocolate Stout, and Gargoyle IPA ready to bust out and par-tay.

There will only be two beer drinkers tomorrow, but we'll have a lot to choose from. First will be a comparison of my S.N. Torpedo Clone w/the real stuff.

Then we'll sample:
Mt. Ka`ala Smoked Robust Porter
Bolo Head Black English IPA
Ohikilolo Fest (Oktoberfest Ale)
Green Sand Coffee Stout
Pia `Ele`Ele (Schwarzale)

Been drinking Sierra Nevada Celebration as a staple the past few days but poured my newest batch of a Holiday Spiced Ale. I started with a basic American Pale Ale kit and added orange peel, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, honey and molasses. I was worried about how it was going to turn out but I'm very happy with it now. My dad just tasted it and loved it! That's all that matters to me for this holiday anyway!!!

Merry Christmas

Picked up a 6 of Snow Day. Sounds interesting. If it's as good as the last couple offerings from New Belium I've had, I'll be real happy (Ranger and Hoptober).

Ive got

Orval
Duchess de Bourgonge
1809 Berliner Wiesse
Vichtenaar Flemish
Fontome Noel
Timmermans Oude Gueze
Oud Beersel Gueze
Ommegang BPA special release
Founders Breakfast and Cenntenial
Epic Brainless on Cherries.

And Homebrew!

I can't wait for tomorrow.

A Bourbon barrel imperial stout I made
Flyer's daybreak breakfast stout
2011 Deschutes abyss
A coconut brown I made

....and blue moon (for the ladies)

We celibrate the 24th here in Sweden, and I tried quite a few beers - but didn't like any. But then again, they were free so no loss for me! :p

One Icelandic smoked christmas ale called Jólabjór. It was very, very thin. Tasted like a cheap commercial lager with A LOT of smoked malt. It had a really, really nice deep red ruby colour, though.

Nils Oscar IPA, from a Swedish microbrewery, which was the worst of the bunch. Way too much hops, in fact that was all you could taste. My mother liked it though.

Midvinterblot, another Swedish ale. Named after the old Norse tradition of sacrifice during the winter to gain favor of the gods. One of the better ones, just not my cup of tea, really dark and complex (which I usually like...) I don't quite remember what I didn't like about it.

Flying Dog K-9 Cruiser Winter Ale, again - I don't remember what I didn't like about it.

Corsendonk Christmas Ale, Belgian. Not bad, but nothing special either. If I remember correctly. The cloudiest beer I've seen, large chunks of yeast in it.

Then there was one beer, another Christmas ale. Tasted like licorice, it was the most interesting beer of the bunch (didn't quite work though). I don't remember what it was called, and it's already been de-labeled. :p

My father also opened the first bottle of his coffee stout, made from a Coopers Irish Stout kit and 2 ml in each bottle (if I remember correctly) of expresso. Tasted like fizzy coffee, and since I'm not a coffee drinker (only use coffee when baking) I didn't like it.

The best drink of the night wasn't a beer. It was a spiced wine, with cinnamon, ginger and a ton of other spices. Really delicious.

We had some of my Burton ale & her summer ale. The Burton had a nice tan head,very clear rusty red color. Very good carbonation for 2 volumes & 1 week in fridge. Malty with a slight sweetness from the malt.
Some flavor from the US Golding & US Fuggle. Willamete lost so far? Overall good,but needs tweaking to me.
The Summer ale's color was light golden yellow with a nice amber blush. Great head,tornado like carbonation at first that lasts to the end. The lemon flavor subdued,but lasting. Only a little US Golding came through,so the lemon getts cut in half,at least. And raise the hops .5oz each,not forgetting the Grains of Paradise next time. Overall not bad,very clear & pleasant. Just not what I wanted...wife agrees to cut the lemon down.

I'm pouring a Rye Pale Ale, Tumbler clone, and a Christmas Ale. Also will be pouring select tastings of our Chocolate peanut Butter Stout.

Nothing special here. I have two good batches on tap. I was going to load the fridge with some bottles for some variety, but there is too much food in there. I did get a bottle of Seagrams VO Gold for later tonight.

I'm having my winter delights. My house Devils red velvet ale. The Belgian toasted drunken caroler (cut with Benedictine liqour and cognac). Old antique wellar 107 Bourbon barrel porter, and a weak Belgian singel for the ladies that I am calling 1 is the magic

Lemme see. Got some SNPA, this years Celebration Ale and Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. Not a big Adams fan, but I love this stuff. Got an IPA on tap that is ready just in time. Today at dinner I'll crack open a jug of a bourbon barrel barley wine I brewed last year. Probably not at its peak yet, but it was pretty nice on Thanksgiving.

Merry Christmas to y'all, and a happy and prosperous Brew Year in 2012.

Bob

Well we killed 4 cases of Drunken Emu Cider last night at a party, today it's between that, Apfelwein, and Jizz in the IPA.

The only thing I have carbed and ready for drinking is my German Christmas Spiced Amber Ale.. It's delicious. Tastes a lot like the lebkuchen that I baked. It goes great with Christmas ham and linzertorte! I also had a Young's Double Chocolate which is my favorite store bought beer, and I had a Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout poured on top of a shot of Creme de Cocoa..

Just cracked one of my Burton ales. For some reason,I can taste the hops better this morning. Nice rusty red color,tan head malty with a lil sweetness. But balanced by that bit of bite from the hops...maybe the water too? But way better today. I guess one week wasn't quite enough fridge time for this one. But dang,it's good. I can still smell the fresh rub on my hands I put on the ham & turkey. In the pit now with charcoal & chunks of mesquite! Life is good around the pit...:mug:

Well I'm actually brewing a Belgian Wit today, so I've got a few examples of the style to sample. And I'm really looking forward to a bottle of Cigar City Guava Grove for later tonight, first time trying that beer. Merry Christmas all!

My 18 month old barley wine, it's got a healthy dose of biscuit malt, coriander, orange peel, and cranberries, 11.5%. 4-6 ounces at a whack ;)

Bringing a growler of my Robust Porter over to the inlaws. My sister inlaw loves this stuff, I gave her a six pack of it to her for her birthday. I'll also be bringing my Founders BS clone too.

I'll probably have some Joe Porter. Started as an attempt to make a low ABV winter warmer out of leftover grains. Ended up adding some MD and coffee to it.

Just finished my second Burton ale after stokin the pit with more charcoal & mesquite. Chimneys are great for makin more hot coals. My youngest son made quiche with Hungarian smoked bacon,caramelized onions & swiss cheese. Good stuff.

I'm pouring a Rye Pale Ale, Tumbler clone, and a Christmas Ale. Also will be pouring select tastings of our Chocolate peanut Butter Stout.

I'd like to know how the Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout turns out...that sounds very tasty to me!

I poured the last of a light summer lemongrass and hibiscus ale I made last night. I saved a few for the in-laws and they loved it...it was a different brew but tasty and normally non beer drinkers loved it.

I also had my first ever Russian River Pliny the Elder last night! My sister-in-law brought it all the way from Cali for me. It was excellent! Then we had Trader Joe's 2010 Holiday Ale and it was wonderful as well.

Today we'll try a 2011 Trader Joe's Holiday Ale (have more to sit on for next year), a Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale, an Allagash Belgian Stout, Russian River's Consecration, and then finish it off with some Snow Day if we want more.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to everyone :mug:

Well its afternoon here so I think I will hit the kegerator and pour me a stout. I have that, an eisbier, irish red and American Brown Ale on tap. It may be a short night.

Last night I opened a bottle of Boulevard "Sixth Glass" and enjoyed it with dessert (an almond cake). It's a very tasty quad that would have easily put me into a food coma had I not stopped after half a bottle. :)

I'm also drinking my Bink Blond "clone" (which isn't much like Bink, but still good) and my nut brown ale.

Not traveling for Xmas this year, so it's just me and the ex-bf (aka my "housemate") - so I can pretty much drink what I want (exbf likes the nut brown ale too) and not worry about having to drive anywhere.

Cheers! (and Merry Christmas to those of you celebrating today)

Back