Homebrew shop near Hoboken, NJ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upstream

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be traveling to Hoboken next month and I am planning on picking up some Corny Kegs, a malt mill and other stuff while I am there.

Can anyone recommend a good homebrew shop near Hoboken?

Try hitting this website or contacting their brewmaster for local info:

Hoboken Homebrewers Club
801 Willow Ave #2LR
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Phone: 201 214-2719
Email: [email protected]
Their domain address is not found... This is what I got when I tried to send them an email:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

When I was in Jersey I went here a few times:
Corrado's Family Affair

It's not IN Hoboken, but like everything in New Jersey, it's just a hop up the GSP.

Last time I was there was probably five years ago and they were in the middle of renovating, but their prices were pretty good and their selection was enormous.

Oops, sorry I should have checked out the link myself! Did you try to call the guy? :

"Hello"
"Hello"
"Are you the former brewmaster for this defunct website in Hoboken NJ?"
"Er, yes, er... I used to be"
"Do you know of any good local HB stores?"

:)

I work in Passaic, which is about 10 minutes from Corrado's. Didn't even know it was there, and stumbled upon it during lunch one day. I though I struck gold. They look impressive when you walk in, but they lean heavily on home wine making, so the beer area is deceiving. Once I dug around a bit, I thought their prices were through the roof, even compared to the only other HBS around (the brewer's apprentice) which is in Freehold; easily a 90 minute drive from Hoboken. Service at Corrado's leaves something to be desired as well, which should be a HB shop's biggest hook. Honestly, neither place will do you any favors, but I think the guys in Freehold try harder. My suggestion, order whatever you need from Northern Brewer or BMW and bring it with you. Those guys are just in a different league. I do not expect a storefront to compete with internet prices, but they do need to be in line. Drop ship to your destination if you must, it will still be cheaper.

Joe

I work in Passaic, which is about 10 minutes from Corrado's. Didn't even know it was there, and stumbled upon it during lunch one day. I though I struck gold. They look impressive when you walk in, but they lean heavily on home wine making, so the beer area is deceiving. Once I dug around a bit, I thought their prices were through the roof, even compared to the only other HBS around (the brewer's apprentice) which is in Freehold; easily a 90 minute drive from Hoboken. Service at Corrado's leaves something to be desired as well, which should be a HB shop's biggest hook. Honestly, neither place will do you any favors, but I think the guys in Freehold try harder. My suggestion, order whatever you need from Northern Brewer or BMW and bring it with you. Those guys are just in a different league. I do not expect a storefront to compete with internet prices, but they do need to be in line. Drop ship to your destination if you must, it will still be cheaper.

Joe
Thanks for the info Joe! I was afraid that my best option would be to order online. Sorry for the newbie question but what is BMW?

Ok, I have to ask, your 'location' says 'Europe' so I pictured you were going to visit a HB store to get stuff you needed to take back. If you just need stuff and you need it cheap and you will be here in the USA for a while with a retrievable address you should certainly buy somethings online. For instance I wouldn't buy a 12 pack of EZ Cap Liter bottles online because the shipping would kill me. But I would buy a 55# sack of Maris Otter from Northern brewer when they are having their 10% off sale, and I still save from the local brew shop. That said I still support the local brick and mortar guys because I want them to be there when I need them. Which is about once a week for something I forgot to get or ran low on without realizing it, like yeast or hops...

If you visit the vendors section of this site you will find some great selections. I personally recommend Rebel Brewer, Austin Home Brew, and Northern Brewer... tried and true for me w/only minor issues if any. (mostly UPS issues - and I do have a steep driveway)

Ok, I have to ask, your 'location' says 'Europe' so I pictured you were going to visit a HB store to get stuff you needed to take back. If you just need stuff and you need it cheap and you will be here in the USA for a while with a retrievable address you should certainly buy somethings online. ...
My original plan was to order online but I was having trouble finding a malt mill that is in stock (for instance the Grain Gobbler) and I will only be staying in the US for just under a week. Guess I will be reverting to that.
Thanks for the advice!

Back