Attempted to Prime For Corny...Bad Times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgeneralzodx

Reaction score
So I atempted to prime my batch of Scottish Ale for kegging in a corny. Used a cup of DME to 1 1/4 cup of water blah blah blah. Anyhow here is where I need your help. The fittings on the keg are all jacked and didn't seal. Can I rack that beer into bottles safely or is it a lost batch? Its been sitting in the keg for about 3hrs max so far.

You could just bottle straight from the keg. As long as the keg was well-sanitized and your priming sugar mixed in well, you could use your racking cane/bottler and treat the keg like your bottling bucket.

second the above. Just put the bottom of your racking cane at the bottom of the keg, and clip the cane in place. Put the bottling wand at the other end of the tube. It may be a bit more awkward than doing it from a bucket, but it will work fine.

presuize with alittle co2to seal the keg, but if you check i think 1 cup of dme is a little much

I think pressurizing with co2 would seal it. The over-priming shouldn't be an issue if you are willing to draw a little off after a day or three. That way you can taste it and get rid of any sediment and drop the ending pressure accordingly.

Back