Single Element Electric Brewery.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
So I was thinking today. One of the biggest problems I see with electric brewery is getting a big enough service for all of the elements. It also means there is only one control circuit to deal with, one PID, etc etc. This would also make a complete electric brewery available to those who are using two 120V circuits to drive smaller elements.

SWMBO would strangle me if I built another rig so soon so I'll throw this out there and maybe some body will run with it.

It would look like a tradition two tier three vessel HERMs system but no boil kettle.

From Left to right there would be the HLT/HERMS, MLT, and then a holding vessel.

The HLT and MLT are operated normally but at the end of the Mash all of the Wort is transfered to the holding vessel.

During the sparge the wort at the bottom of the MLT is sent to the holding vessel.

After the sparge is complete the contents of the holding vessel is transferred to the HLT which will now be used as a boil kettle.

After the boil is complete the HERMs could run ICE/Cleaning water to cool the wort.

The only negative I see is that there is some extra cleaning involved.

Saves you the hassle, wiring, equipment, and exposure to a second electrical device.
Heck, you could make a Brutus 20 work like this too.

Back