capping 750ml?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid_ak

Reaction score
Quick question--is it safe to cap a 750ML beer bottle with a bottle cap or am I asking for trouble if I don't use cork during conditioning for these guys?

My capper will do it, but there's a small voice inside me that says, "Stop. Step away from the big bottle."

Cap or no cap?

thanks,
AK

I understand that corking would be ideal, but I don't have that capacity.

Is capping a bottle that big going to be a problem for reasons such as not holding the pressure?

I'd really appreciate some further input, explanation on this if possible.

Thanks,
AK

Quick question--is it safe to cap a 750ML beer bottle with a bottle cap or am I asking for trouble if I don't use cork during conditioning for these guys?

My capper will do it, but there's a small voice inside me that says, "Stop. Step away from the big bottle."

Cap or no cap?

thanks,
AK

are we talkin like champange bottles? those cap real good

I work in a restaraunt that has 1L bottles of water. I have put beer in some and capped them. They worked just fine for me. Good deal for me too. I get to drink some good clean water and keep the bottle for $2 a piece.

Capping is fine. There's no need to cork at all. If you're using some 750s, they take different sized caps, so you'll have to deal with that, but I really don't see a problem.

Never really capped anything that big but I would suggest to try it with a couple then cap the rest of the beer with regular bottles. Update us on how it goes.

Latest posts

Back