Tea Base poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite tea base?

• 100% Black

• 100% Green

• 25% Black / 75% Green

• 25% Green / 75% Black

• 50/50 Black & Green

• Other, please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

scobysurfer

Reaction score
I want to conduct a poll as to everyone's favorite base teas. I've been using a 50/50 green and black and feel its time to start experimenting with other combinations.

Pu-erh tea is my go to tea. I like the fact that there is a lot less tannin in the tea and you can get a really long steep without the tea becoming bitter with them.

Besides, I absolutely love the earthyness, especially with a bit of honey.

O.

Current Batch-A (1) Black, (1) Green, (1) White
Current Batch-B (1) Black, (1) Green/Matcha blend, (1) White

My top three favorite tea blends currently to brew with are Oolong, Rooibos, & guayusa.

Can't wait to try speciality oolong like iron god of mercy, & I plan a jasmine tea brew here in the future.

This is my standard mix, which works well for me:

50% gunpowder (green tea)
50% puerh (black tea)

My favorite kombucha is yerba mate. I have a question: My starter liquid and scoby originated from black tea so would all my yerba mate kt be considered a black tea base?

I was led to believe it had to be green, black, or white. here i see pu-erh, roobios, oolong?? i am interested...:ban:

I've used so many teas. Experiment folks just don't use any anti fungal blends. ;-)
Oolong & guayusa are top contenders for me.

New to the forums, but have been brewing continuously for about 6 months now. I actually started with a chai, which I think would be awesome in a cider type second ferment, but it doesn't go so well with other flavors. I'm now using a black tea and just figured if I wanted a chai tasting tea i'd just add spices to my second ferment. I've yet to try pu-erh, but am interested. Anyone who has tried it, would you recommend it?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Back