Hello from Portugal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ff1esta

Reaction score
Hello,i´m Portuguese,and i´m thinking in brewing my beer.I just found this excelent forum and i expect to learn many things here.Sorry for my english,is not perfect,i try to do my best.

Hello and welcome. My wife's family is from Madeira, we visited last year for 2 weeks and stayed a couple days is Lisbon. Wonderful place, lots of people had home made wine and agua ardiente (maybe spelled wrong, it was sugar cane alcohol). I had Poncha and Shandy for the first time too. I didn't meet any home brewers tho.

Welcome and enjoy.

Actually it's linguica. Still, outstanding.

Actually it´s linguiça,or chouriça.
I´m from Algarve in the south,here we have a great tradition in "aguardente" de medronho,that is a fruit with lot of sugar,and it´s fantastic.Sugar cane alcohol is in Brazil.
Here i think there´s no tradition in home brewing,home wine making,and "aguardente"(deslilled alcohol from wine,and wine mosh,or medronho or figgs) yes.In this last weekend i went to my oncle´s farm to help collect grapes to make wine,he gave me a big botlle from last year,and my god!! What a wine!

If you don't mind me asking... What is the name of the breakfast dish that is kind of an onion soup?

That's OK, my friend's family is from the Azores. He talks about it, still goes to his mother's house to eat it about once a month. But I haven't convinced him to take me with him yet.

Azores has his own unique cuisine and traditions,most of them i don´t know.
I never been there,but is a place i want to visit some day.It´s still raw nature...
LOok in youtube about an episode of Antony Bourdain about Azores,it´s interesting.

Portugal is a small country,but very rich in cuisine and traditions.

Back