glass front cooler= kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a glass front bar cooler... I am THINKING about converting it to a kegerator but wonder if drilling the glass is possible or feasible(sp) Has anyone ever made one like this?

The glass in the door of that freezer is going to be tempered( like a car door window) drilling it is not an option, although someone with a plastics shop near by could remove the tempered glass and replace it with an equally thick piece of Lexan.

What you have is a merchandiser not a glass front bar cooler. The sides should be ok, the back definately NOT. What is the Model and serial. If I remember I can call the factory when I get to work Tuesday and see about the sides.

What you have is a merchandiser not a glass front bar cooler. The sides should be ok, the back definately NOT. What is the Model and serial. If I remember I can call the factory when I get to work Tuesday and see about the sides.

cooling compressor is on the back bottom and the 'grill" is on the outside back. Has a fan and the cold air comes forced in from the top. I am p[ositive the sides are good. BUT I think I am just gonna try to find a deep freeze and build a keezer.

If it is tempered glass cutters wont guarntee against breakage but I have had many holes cut in tempered aquariums without them breaking. I have also lost a few. how about having 6 inches cut out across the width and installing a piece of finished oak. then you can drill all you want and sealing to the glass would be as simple as a bit of silicone. 2 cents

Back