Need Advice on a Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottiws

Reaction score
I'm about to make a purchase to go all grain and need a new kettle and I was wondering if anyone has ever used this polar ware economy brew kettle (42 qt).

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_33_463&products_id=13293 .

Just for reference, I will only be doing 5 gal batches. I'm also open to suggestions on any other kettles. I'm looking to keep it under or around $200 and only want SS, must also have a SS ball valve.

Thanks for any input you might have!

That was the other kettle that I was looking at as well... Do you think the megapot is better?

Of course you could go right to a converted keg for about the same money. It would be huge for 5 gallon batches but it would give you loads of room to grow. I love mine. The cost would be close to the same too if you DIY. 12 gallon batches here you come! lol

(BTW the keg is much easier to weld then the pot if you decide to go that way down the road.)

I'm about to make a purchase to go all grain and need a new kettle and I was wondering if anyone has ever used this polar ware economy brew kettle (42 qt).

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_33_463&products_id=13293 .

Just for reference, I will only be doing 5 gal batches. I'm also open to suggestions on any other kettles. I'm looking to keep it under or around $200 and only want SS, must also have a SS ball valve.

Thanks for any input you might have!

If you end up going this route, we've got that one for $129.99 right now. Thanks for considering us.

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/42-qt-economy-graduated-brew-pot-w-stainless-ball-valve/

SpikeBrewing,

I took a look at that kettle and and I like it. Does it have a 3 layer bottom (aluminum in the middle). Also, do you sell it as a package with the SS ball valve?

Thanks.

SpikeBrewing,

I took a look at that kettle and and I like it. Does it have a 3 layer bottom (aluminum in the middle). Also, do you sell it as a package with the SS ball valve?

Thanks.

Our kettles, like the Blichmann's, are single layered. The tri-bottom kettle is more marketing ploy than functionality when it comes to making beer. We don't sell a specific package deal with the kettle and valve but we do sell the valve for $20. That comes with the valve and the nipple you'll need to attach directly to the kettle.

-Ben

Our kettles, like the Blichmann's, are single layered. The tri-bottom kettle is more marketing ploy than functionality when it comes to making beer. We don't sell a specific package deal with the kettle and valve but we do sell the valve for $20. That comes with the valve and the nipple you'll need to attach directly to the kettle.

-Ben

Awesome... thanks!

-Ben

Won't the triple layer bottom help prevent scorching and distribute heat evenly?

Back