like a dumb$$$ would

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benl560

Reaction score
so... in my infinite wisdom, i put an oz of 2.6% striselspalt instead of my 5.2% saaz into my wheat ale to boil for 60 min. thats the only hop i put in. is there any way i can bitter it up just a bit? its been fermenting for about 3 days now.
2# 6row
2# malted wheat
3.3# wheat lme
3 gal boil
if anyone has anything i would really appreciate it.

Dry hopping won't add any bitterness and seems kind of out of place for a wheat beer. If you don't mind adding a little volume to your beer you can just boil yourself some hop tea (hops and water) for an hour and add that. Since your alpha acids were half of what you need you wouldn't need too much. Maybe boil a higher AA% hop for an hour in a gallon or so of water and you could probably boil it down to a fairly small volume so it doesn't dilute your beer too much.... or if you have extra ingredients put enough DME in there to make it the same gravity as your beer is currently.....

Alternatively you could buy some hop bitterness extract (don't know exactly what it's called) and put some of that in there, but it's kind of pricey and I doubt your LHBS would have it.

as an improvement to jumbo you could boil your hop tea down to a lesser volume, in theory the hop bitterness will stay in the liquid and you can make YOUR OWN hopshot

hey what can i say im cheap

Back