Another yeast starter question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tireater

Reaction score
I have done 3 harvests and I notice #2 produced much more yeast than #1...
Do higher gravity brews produce higher yeast counts..?

I should let them all settle out for a day to figure this out...I may just be getting better at harvesting...
100_3437.jpg

Have you ever noticed that good oxygenated wort take longer to begin fermenting than poorly oxygenated wort does? Growth need to stop before fermentation begins. Hence more cells in good areation, just takes a little bit longer to start the ferment, but due to extra yeast it can often be finished first.

so if i am reading right... i aerate the hell out of my wort, my buddy doesn't aerate at all, hit fermentation kicks of in like 4 hours, mine takes a day normally, but if i am reading right mine will have a better fermentation? that sum it up?

I have space restrictions....So these are qt. samples in pt. bottles...
I must be getting better...It seems I am getting triple the yeast now...
The bottle on the stir plate has half my first harvest....
In 2 hours a krausen ring is already forming...and this is from the small sample...
100_3451.jpg

so if i am reading right... i aerate the hell out of my wort, my buddy doesn't aerate at all, hit fermentation kicks of in like 4 hours, mine takes a day normally, but if i am reading right mine will have a better fermentation? that sum it up?
Yours will have a higher cell count(more yeast), better health, and should finish faster and cleaner.

Back