13th Annual Domras Cup Mead Competition in Savannah - Feb 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christo65

Reaction score
Hopefully not too uncool with my second post, but thought I would announce our annual mead competition is coming up.

The 13th Annual Domras Cup Mead Competition, sponsored by the Savannah Brewers League, will take place February 5, 2011 (as always the Saturday before the Super Bowl), beginning at 9 a.m. All mead styles (24,25,26) will be accepted. The on-line entry window will be open January 5 - 27. All entries are due by the 29th. Entry price is only $6. Great prizes from Redstone Meadery and Savannah Bee Company.

We're only second oldest, not nearly as prestigious, but possibly the funnest mead-only competition in the land. As always, we will hold our annual oyster roast afterward in celebration of a great mead day, so come out and enjoy the fun!

Please go to www.savannahbrewers.com for more information (fyi best to view site in IE).

Thanks for the link. I think I'll send in a couple of things. Is it $6 or $5, though? The website says $5.

Oops. That should be $6 this year. I'll get that changed.

Should be a blast this year and bigger than ever.

Ah, another Pittsburgher - I'll be up there next week for x-mas.

Weather hasn't been too bad, luckily. Not 2ft of snow like last year yet..

Thanks for the clarification!

Weather was perfect with snow on the ground all week but not so much on the streets. Getting back home through WV was a different story!

Anywho, entry window will open next week for the Domras Cup, so get your meads in.

FYI, the entry window is now open so use the link above to get to the online registration page to enter. Also was informed that we'll have some cool etched wine glasses for judges and winners.

The entry window has been extended to Feb 1. Also, judges are welcome to bring entries in "ready to drink" condition as long as they are entered by the 1st.

Back