SweetWater Brew Your Cask Off - INHBC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG

Reaction score
Last Saturday 4 members of HBT here (and also INHBC) along with another home brewer attended the SweetWater Brew Your Cask Off.

SweetWater brewed the beers and gave 75 different contestants 10 gallons of either a porter or a blonde type ale, 10 gal cask and your choice of ingredients. In 3 weeks they'll have contest for the winner. We did a mini-brew (3# DME, Chery extract, Vanilla, and p4ck37p1mp managed to score some bourbon soaked oak chips and I think 1056 yeast for secondary ferm) to add to the porter.

We are Cask #15 if you manage to make it for tasting.

Link to our pics.

L-R: MikeG, Duckfoot, JohnnyC, p4ck37p1mp
P1060784.JPG

p4ck37p1mp pouring non-chilled wort into empty cask, Duckfoot holding cask.
P1060806.JPG

That is really awsome. I miss Sweetwater. I didn't go there as often as I did ABC since I lived right in Midtown, (while attending Ga Tech), but it was always a good time.

great causes and great beer, sounds like a win to me. The sweetwater guys came down and partied with us at our brew festival and brewers party on the beach and were extremely cool and down to earth. I try to buy all the special releases I can get from them down here but that stuff doesn't reach far. I was up in atlanta for a hawks/warriors game a couple of weeks ago and stopped by greens and was blown away by their selection, it was hard to only spend 50$ in that place lol.

OMG! Only 3/4 weeks! The beer will be too green to drink! It has to age at least 10 months!

Anyway... that sounds really cool, I wonder if they have anything like that around here? Good luck!

I'd love to see some pics and hear some other feedback too. I was at Hop City when thet were putting together some of the recipes and I started to kind of question everything. I still think it would have been cool to go.

Back