StarSan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravegti

Reaction score
When I use StarSan to sanitize all my equipment, how well should I let everything dry before using? Does it need to be completely bone dry or can I still use the equipment with some small traces of sanitizer/water. Thanks!

Cool. I figured it would be okay, but didn't want to contaminate anything. Thanks!!

Don't let anything dry. Star San is a wet sanitizer, it works while it wet not so much once it's dry.

It doesn't do anything once dry. It's the low pH of the solution that sanitizes, once dry there's no longer any acidity.

To OP: you may or may not want to do this, but take a taste of Star-San diluted solution. The solution, after it's diluted. I think you'll find it's.....tasteless.

You can get a little in your wort or beer and it won't do anything you would ever detect. It's neutral. Put a LOT in beer or wort, and you'll lower the pH, but don't do that.

When I am purging kegs I fill with star-san then push that out using CO2. I blow out whatever star-san is left in the keg, but it's always got residual star-san on the inside. I don't worry about it.

Latest posts

Back