Brown Ale Brew Day Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISUBrew79

Reaction score
I brewed up a Northern English brown ale on Sunday, and took a few pictures.

Heating strike water:
IMG_0822.jpg

My (obviously) homemade milling station featuring a Corona mill that I got for free.
IMG_0824.jpg

The grist:
IMG_0823.jpg

The crush:
IMG_0828.jpg

Collecting the first runnings:
IMG_0830.jpg

The Boil:
IMG_0831.jpg

It was a successful brew day. I got about 75% efficiency, missing my OG by 1 point. The fermenter is bubbling as we speak!:mug:

I think habit should be, when ever posting pics brew day, when the beer hits the glass, the OP should come back with a final picture. Show us grain to glass.

*I just like to look at pictures at work*

I think habit should be, when ever posting pics brew day, when the beer hits the glass, the OP should come back with a final picture. Show us grain to glass.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the final product when it is ready. :mug: Perhaps I'll post some pics when I keg it as well.

I like the look of that grain bag holder. I'm thinking ahead to all-grain brewing...how well does that design work for you? Are you doing all-grain in this batch?

I like the look of that grain bag holder. I'm thinking ahead to all-grain brewing...how well does that design work for you? Are you doing all-grain in this batch?

I see a mash tun there, so I dont think that there is grain in that bag... I beleive that is his hop bag to keep the hop particles out of the wort after the boil.

As others have correctly stated, it is in fact a hop bag. Yes, this is an all-grain batch. I mash my grains in the blue 5-gallon Rubbermaid cooler with a stainless hose braid and ball valve fitted on the bottom, as you can see in one of the pictures I posted in this thread.

I, personally, never take my immersion chiller out... so that is always one option.

*I just like to look at pictures at work*

As promised, I am returning with pics of the finished product. Time to go to the kegerator for a pint:
IMG_0854.jpg

Wait, what are those boxes underneath the miniature Christmas tree?
IMG_0857.jpg

Those are the new Perlicks that I got as an early Christmas gift:
IMG_0858.jpg

I'll be building an Irish coffin draft box for the top of my kegerator in the near future, and these faucets will look great!

Now to pour a pint!
IMG_0860.jpg

As you can see, I'm using picnic taps until I upgrade to the Irish coffin.

Finally, my finished Northern English Brown Ale! :rockin:
IMG_0863.jpg

Back