Lorglath's 25 gallon E-brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorglath

Reaction score
I have been collecting parts for the better part of a year and and finally started the construction of my e-brewery.

I brew mostly in the garage, and sometimes right out front of the garage depending on weather, however I wanted to move permanently inside the garage, which is really nice in MN winters. I have a hot-tub in the garage already, and I have it wired in through a plug, therefore the power to the garage and to the e-brew setup shouldn't be a problem.

I am going mostly off of Kal's design, with a few differences. I will be bringing in 50A of power because I want to be able to use both heating elements at the same time, on the rare occasion I want to do back-to-back batches. Because of this I have a larger power connector coming in, and some of the switching will be different.

I also plan on using Silver Solder to make most of the connections with my kettles instead of the weld-less connections.

I have started drilling holes in my box, and will start painting soon, I have attached a drawing for the layout of the components on the front. The box is 16x12x6, but there is a bar across part of the 12" width which cuts the usable size down to about 10" which is why it might look a bit smushed.

I don't plan on having any breakers in my box, just the fuze for the kill switch.

I am hoping that P-J might have a schematic similar to what I am looking for mostly ready that he can throw up as I don't have access to any software that can allow me to make such a nice wiring shcematic.

brewing-panel-57776.jpg

comments / questions welcome.

Are you sure that's all going to fit on a 16x12x6 enclosure. That is gonna be jam packed on the outside and probably even worse on the inside. The auber enclosure that size is precut for 3 1/16 DIN devices and that is tight. But 4?

I look forward to following your build. Good luck. I hope you can make it happen!

Corey

I already cut the holes :) it fits but it is tight. Ill post pics once I get the two holes for the SSRs cut and the box painted... it looks pretty ugly right now.

I am going mostly off of Kal's design, with a few differences.
I am hoping that P-J might have a schematic similar to what I am looking for mostly ready that he can throw up as I don't have access to any software that can allow me to make such a nice wiring shcematic.

Your plan is very close to Kal's design. Follow it.

Personally... I do not go with the volt and Amp meters and will not throw my time away trying to display a diagram that includes them. Follow Kal's plan.

Sorry...

heh Alright, thanks for looking! I'll have some preliminary pictures up in the next day or two

Here are some initial pics!

This is how I decided that everything would fit. - sorry it is a bit blurry
IMG_1412.jpg

all drawn out:
IMG_1423.jpg

Initial holes cut, then bringing in the Greenlee punches to do what they do best, and WOW do they cut like butter!
IMG_1425.jpg

All holes done:
IMG_1608.jpg

I found a heatsink, and it is quite large
IMG_1599.jpg

To give a sense of scale, this is where I am going to attach it:
IMG_1600.jpg

And this is how it compares:
IMG_1601.jpg

lightly sanded all of the surfaces
IMG_1610.jpg

then off to the paint booth for primer
IMG_1612.jpg

and hammered paint
IMG_1613.jpg

How it looks at the end of 1/10/2013:
IMG_1614.jpg

Looking good! I'm super impressed you got all that on that enclosure. I think the more compact control panels look better!

Latest posts

Back