Something is wrong with this cider.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skullfingr

Reaction score
I can't place it! It's not terrible by any means, but it was my first cider in a long, long while. I used 100% cider with no preservatives, a can of concentrate and a single chopped apple. Fermented with Ringwood Ale yeast. Bottled and sat for a few days and, upon tasting, it's flat (in spite of adding sugar for carbonation), and it tastes a little bit like a bad box wine. Perhaps I should back sweeten?

I have the same thing with the batch that i made recently. I waited around 7 days + now and its start getting some carbonation in it. I would recommended living the batch for couple weeks in room temperature and try it then. Older the cider it should get better.

It could be that the ABV of your cider is at or above your yeast's tolerance level, which would mean they die off and cannot ferment anymore.

I will be setting them outside of the fridge to age. Hopefully it will help.

I started a 100% organically pasteurized cider today with Wine yeast. Lavlin I believe. It already smells and looks better than the last one.

Latest posts

Back