Natural Gas Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pola0502ds

Reaction score
I am looking to get new burners for my setup and I want them to be natural gas, i just ran the line to my garage. From that point, i have no idea how to get the gas to all 4 of my burners. Can someone go over the following.

-What the best NG burners are? Jet or Hurricane type?
-How to get all 4 burners hooked up to 1 source of NG. Some type of manifold?
-What type of hose can i use to get the gas from the shut off valve in the garage to the burners? I hope there is a flex hose of some type.
-Should I have a professional do this?
-The concept of a pilot light? How to hook it up? This is not a automated system.

I am just so lost. Im so tired of paying for 3-4 propane tanks in a weekend. I brew 6 batches a weekend, 10 gallon.

I am also interested in converting to natural gas. My natural gas pressure is 4.5 inches and I need to boil 12 gallons in a keggle.

I finished my stand a few months ago and had to figure all this stuff out.
I have a video that may answer some of your questions.

If you have any specific questions afterwards I'd be happy to answer them.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/natural-gas-burner-316883/

SDC10784.jpg

Thanks for the info. I just have not found the specs of a ng burner that can get the btus from 4.5 inches of water column pressure. I tried to convert a propane burner to ng but it did not work out. I drilled out a propane grill to convert to ng and it had decent results.

I use 2 NG burners in my garage on 1/2 in supply line it's perfect for 10 gal batches, I'm using wok burners 23 jet reduced to 11 or so, around 25$ each, I can try to find link when at computer

shataway said:
Thanks for the info. I just have not found the specs of a ng burner that can get the btus from 4.5 inches of water column pressure. I tried to convert a propane burner to ng but it did not work out. I drilled out a propane grill to convert to ng and it had decent results.

I have two BG14/hurricane/banjo that can be run at the same time by 1/2 NG line, zero problem with boiling 14 gallons.

Back