Detroit Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadabrew

Reaction score
Calling all you Detroit locals. Just wanted some pointers.

I am going to Detroit this weekend for a sports weekend. Will be seeing the Wings on Sat night then the Lions on Sunday.

We are staying downtown (myself and 3 friends).

Just wanted to know if anyone could recommend some good brewpubs or bars to go to before/ after the hockey game. Also any advice on places to avoid...

Anyone know what the tailgating is like at the Lions stadium would be good to know that as well.

All the best!
CB

The Detroit Beer Co is a great one. They have lots of good brews. It's right near Comerica and a People Mover stop (don't remember which stop though).

We used to go to the Town Pump whenever we used to go downtown. I only make it back to MI once a year now and it's been forever since I've been downtown.

Like everything else in MI if your interested in driving somewhere you can find plenty of good places

I've been to a Wings game and that area is actually pretty nice. Missed an exit on the way out and discovered the place I'd always imagined Detroit to be like...

I think if you are going to be downtown the whole time you should be fine. Wish I had some good recommendations on places to go to, but I've really only went there to watch the Wings and turn around and get home (4+ hours driving...)

Latest posts

Back