Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffy85

Reaction score
I'm still new to homebrewing here, but starting to understand it a bit more. Me and jimmypop13 are roommates and having a challege to see who can make the best tasting light beer for beer pong. We can't asking for recipes on here, bt I can ask on sugar. I know rice solids are used, and so are corn sugar. I'm wondering what will give the lightest flavor, with good abv. Somthing like mich ultra light. Thanks

It's a lager type beer. It wont be easy to brew one of these if you've never brewed before, notably because lagers need a cooler environment (48F-55F) for fermentation than ales (60-75F), and a place to lager the beer for extended periods of time (~35F for 30 days'ish).

Is your question about how to use sugar and rice syrup in order to make beer?

Just get some extract and don't add a lot of it. "good abv" and "light beer" are mutually exclusive, IMHO.

You are going to want to go with rice if you want minimal flavor and go up to 25%+.

If you aren't an excellent light lager brewer, and if you are asking about adjuncts you are not, I would go the cream ale angle. It is going to a bit fruity but that's better than a bad light lager.

You are going to want to go with rice if you want minimal flavor and go up to 25%+.

If you aren't an excellent light lager brewer, and if you are asking about adjuncts you are not, I would go the cream ale angle. It is going to a bit fruity but that's better than a bad light lager.

I'm still new to homebrewing here, but starting to understand it a bit more. Me and jimmypop13 are roommates and having a challege to see who can make the best tasting light beer for beer pong. We can't asking for recipes on here, bt I can ask on sugar. I know rice solids are used, and so are corn sugar. I'm wondering what will give the lightest flavor, with good abv. Somthing like mich ultra light. Thanks

I would buy a case of american light and brew a nice oatmeal chocolate stout to enjoy at the end of the night...

I know doing a lager is the trail I need to travel. But I live in Texas and don't have a basement so the temp is the problem. If it was winter I think I could do it. I may have to get a little crappy fridge and set it up to put the bucket in there

Back