Craigslist score....and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleym0nster

Reaction score
I just got home from picking up some bottles I found via craigslist. The guy told me he had 12 6pack cases of bottles. I got there and this is what he had:

2rrb5sz.jpg

17 12 packs of SA bottles.....204 bottles. All with labels still on them:drunk:
That'll be fun! Oh well, it's worth it. It'll be nice to have all matching bottles. I had a pretty eclectic collection before.

Also, I got some mail today:

2nm105l.jpg

Thanks, Ed!

Also got another item in the mail, a package I have been expecting. I bought some new tires, a set of fenders and some other goodies for my bike. Awesome!

Just a killer day so far!

Very nice.

I've found that the labels on SA bottles are the easiest to remove, so that shouldn't be too bad. Even with 200+ of them to do :)

yes SA;s are my favorites to work with, The slip right off, usually don't even have to peel them, just pick the label-less bottle out of the tub, drain water, and pickup labels.

oops, didnt realize this was so old, I linked fro your freezer score thread.

Great! That is awesome for you! We have been saving SA bottles as well, and some hot water and a scrubby sponge makes short work of the labels (I don't get much exercise at the office, so peeling labels makes me feel better). :mug:

Great! That is awesome for you! We have been saving SA bottles as well, and some hot water and a scrubby sponge makes short work of the labels (I don't get much exercise at the office, so peeling labels makes me feel better). :mug:

I use a straight razor in a metal handle. Just turn the bottle around after it soaks for a while and they peel right off, leaving almost no residue. I just soak them in room temp water, though.

W00T, thread necromancy! This young one still has a little meat on the bones.

Say it with me. Oxy-Clean for de-labeling bottles. A 24 hour bath in hot water and oxyclean will make those labels slide right off. A little rinse, a small rub to remove any residual glue and you're done.

Anything else takes too much work.

if only i had more room. have fun removing the labels. I think im going to try TSP next time because oxyclean works ok but theres gotta be something better. Maybe PBW?

Latest posts

Back