Weak Carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX1

Texas Ale Works
Reaction score
Well my first batch did not carb very well, and it has been in the bottle for almost a month. I am going to move it to a warmer room and swirl up the yeast then give it one more week.

Other than that, is there any thing I should do?

Tim

Well my first batch did not carb very well, and it has been in the bottle for almost a month. I am going to move it to a warmer room and swirl up the yeast then give it one more week.

Other than that, is there any thing I should do?

Tim

I had the same problem with bottle carbing. Keep it above 70* and all will be good. Mine was 70+ @ three weeks.

Try kegging, its less work all the way around and you can enjoy your brew sooner. :ban:

I will give you my addy and you can send me the setup, or the $$$ for me to buy own......:p

Tim

Good answer....:D

I always love how to some people the answer to a bottling question is "try kegging" :rolleyes: As if we happen to be ignorant and never heard of this thing called a keg or something....and on only his second post too....

Back to your original BOTTLING question.

What is the FG of the beer, or what style is it? Some simply take longer to come up to speed. I have had stouts and porters take 8 weeks to get carbed and conditioned.

Also, did you bottle them in 12 ouncers or bigger? Bigger bottles do tend to take a wee bit longer.

Rolling the bottles on a table to re-rouse the yeast is the best thing at this time. Then make sure they are above 70 and give them another couple of weeks. Try them again...if not, do the same thing for a couple more weeks...

If it's been 2 months and they are flat, then I would consider using prime tabs...you'd open each bottle, and the requisite amount of tablets the cap with fresh caps.

Let me know how it goes. :mug:

Revvy,

It was an Irish Red extract from Midwest, FG at 08.

I split the batch between 33cl an 50cl bottles, but it is the smaller bottles that I have tried. Iget a nice pop and fizz when I open the bottle, just very little head, maybe about a 1/16 inch that goes away pretty quick.

They have been swished around and placed in a room that runs around 76-80F for the past day.

I hope this helps. Also I chilled for 3 days before I got to drink the others.

Tim

Revvy,

It was an Irish Red extract from Midwest, FG at 08.

I split the batch between 33cl an 50cl bottles, but it is the smaller bottles that I have tried. Iget a nice pop and fizz when I open the bottle, just very little head, maybe about a 1/16 inch that goes away pretty quick.

They have been swished around and placed in a room that runs around 76-80F for the past day.

I hope this helps. Also I chilled for 3 days before I got to drink the others.

Tim

Yeah, you know the drill, leave them alone for a couple more weeks at room temp, now that you swirled the yeast...they will pop eventually, they usually do. :mug:

But I am still open to a free keg set up....

Hello......anyone out there.......are those crickets I hear????

Tim

Back