Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zeal said:
Did two more

EDIT: Make that three... They are still works in progress.

You need a logo or something to tie them all together. Maybe a badass-looking heart (is there such a thing?) with a crown on it. Perhaps a ragged looking heart with a barbed wire-ish crown would look cool.

You could try substituting your little logo as the "O" in King Of Hearts. It'd look neat.

Zeal said:
Did two more

EDIT: Make that three... They are still works in progress.

Perhaps make the king of hearts the main picture in the first one? Since its your brewery name. Sorta make it the focus of the label and use it as your brewery logo. Or maybe some variation on the king of hearts.

You need a logo or something to tie them all together. Maybe a badass-looking heart (is there such a thing?) with a crown on it. Perhaps a ragged looking heart with a barbed wire-ish crown would look cool.

You could try substituting your little logo as the "O" in King Of Hearts. It'd look neat.

I know they've been needing something to tie them together it's been bothering me, and your idea for being to substitute the "O" out has given me some Ideas, I'll try to make a brewery logo soon.

Perhaps make the king of hearts the main picture in the first one? Since its your brewery name. Sorta make it the focus of the label and use it as your brewery logo. Or maybe some variation on the king of hearts.

Yes, but I feel that the drawing would take away from the other labels. I'll come up with something I'm sure.

Thank you both for Ideas

Waiting for my equipment is made easier by designing labels for our first batch. I'm going to fix the arched text along with some minor details, and the backlabel text is only a place holder. The colour will vary with the type of brew.

What do you think?
Front:
HWbrygggronn.jpg

Back:
HWbrygggronnbak.jpg

First beer label. Thinking about changing the name to 6th Ave brewing company instead of "Atlantic Shores" since test groups said it sounds like a retirement home.

Also, due to the temperature that this beer was fermented at, it will probably taste like a red tide. Hah.

atlshores.jpg

Its nearly twice the strength of the Mild batch we're currently drinking.

Wow, weak mild... The style goes up to 4.5% (2.8-4.5%)... I guess it's all in how you view things. Still 5.9% is below the low end for a strong Scotch ale (6.5-10%)... So it's really a weak strong Scotch ale... :confused:

5.9 is stronger than the usual 5%, and just "Spiced ale" wouldn't fit on the banner very well.

I know it isn't "strong" per se, but it is what it is. :) :mug:

I really like these ones. Cool background with the graffiti.

I appreciate the proppers! The picture is from the gate outside of Strawberry Fields in Liverpool......obviously I added the Blonde ***** Brew as well as a couple of more camouflaged Virginia Tech Logos.....

I'm not as graphically talented as most of the posts here, but this is one of the better one's I've been able to do using MS Publisher

Pale Ale Label.jpg

Here is my first label.. I use photoshop for my art. This is my October holiday beer.

pennantracelogov.jpg

Well, I named my brewery after the Braves, sort of, so Tomahawk Chop Brewery was one of my first ideas.. Then I figured that on the off chance this brewery goes commercial (I can dream right?) I didn't want to get sued by the Braves or the Seminoles, so I needed a change. My wife's family are all huge FSU fans, and my father-in-law thinks its funny to say Tomachawk Hop instead, like he's dyslexic (who knows, maybe he is)

Well, as you know, we use hops in our brew process, and tomahawk hops sounds weird to me, so I went with Tomachawk Hops, like he says. :)

Here is my first label.. I use photoshop for my art. This is my October holiday beer.

pennantracelogov.jpg

Man don't you just hate what Photoshop does when you reduce your selection of an oval by a good amount of pixels? the way it makes the 2nd oval all boxy drives me nuts. If there's a way around this I'd love to hear it.

paulster2626 said:
Man don't you just hate what Photoshop does when you reduce your selection of an oval by a good amount of pixels? the way it makes the 2nd oval all boxy drives me nuts. If there's a way around this I'd love to hear it.

Use illustrator. It creates or converts to vectors. No pixelized curves.

Just stumbled onto this thread via Facebook. Very cool stuff in here. I'm not big on labels as a kegger, and am certainly no artist, but here are a couple I made up a couple years ago.

5274-avalanche-web.jpg

5273-digital-pimp-web.jpg

Ya illustrator is all vector so you can reduce ovals, but I'm much more comfortable in photoshop so it's give and take..

I'm sure this has been asked before, but im asking again.. for the guys on here that have the more professional looking logos, how do you do it. I can manage the design, and I'm sure I will revise it again and again.. what I was hoping for was the proper size I will need to use as well as how you print it. I'm assuming you order online somewhere?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but im asking again.. for the guys on here that have the more professional looking logos, how do you do it. I can manage the design, and I'm sure I will revise it again and again.. what I was hoping for was the proper size I will need to use as well as how you print it. I'm assuming you order online somewhere?

While I'm by no means a professional, I've learned a lot just from using online photoshop tutorials. What'll happen is I'll think something will look cool with a certain effect, so I'll just type in "how to [effect] photoshop" and learn it. There is a TON of photoshop tutorial stuff on the web.

SO just keep messing around with it - you could even start by just outright copying someone, and while you're doing it all you'll probably start to go down your own path.

Printing? I do it at work on the laser colour machine, and cut 'em out and use milk to stick them on. I kinda like the no-gloss finish, and think it gives the bottles that "homebrew" feel, ya know?

Back