Ferment in a bag,am I on to something?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewvy

Reaction score
A poly liner for a 50 or ? gallon rubbermaid garbage can,of the proper material (#1,#2) and leakproof of course,that could be washable(reuseable)or not (disposable) for $20 box of 10.Just check for leaks and fill er up.FIAB it'll be called.

There are actually (or were at one time) brew in a bag kits, and even some strange bag like fermenters, so it's been covered before. Someone even started a thread awhile ago about a platic bag conical...so despite you idea about a hot tub mash tun, weird fermenters have been covererd. ;)

Wow I didnt know people were doing this ,sounds interesting. Found a bag that fits in a 55 gallon drum (Polyethylene,homopolymer)FDA and USDA approved for food.Is that a #1 recycleable material? If this is possible I might have to get some 55 gallon SS drums and have a go.Never could figure out how to ferment that much beer.Now a few rubbermaid cans and drum liners and BAM beer fer days.Like my grandma always said "Go big or go home"

If your fermenting the stuff you mashed in the jacuzzi, just drain it in the kiddie pool and open ferment.

Back