Just ordered a MoreBeer 24 gallons kettle (!!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smashed4

Reaction score
Today I am excited because I just ordered a 26 gallons brew kettle, which will be the first item of my new brewery!

They had an incredible "easter egg" 87$ rebate on it, so it cost me about 200$, not bad I guess.. If you want one, hurry up the deal will last until monday I think.

Even though I don't have the required burners, stands, pump and all the rest I will require, this is a first step.. I figure that by being on the lookout for deals like this one I should save quite a lot on the total project cost ;)

Heavy Duty Brew Kettle - With Ball Valve (104 Quart/26 Gallon) | MoreBeer

Happy easter!

Hmm... a little Fermcap-S and you could be doing 20 gallon batches in that. You could meet the legal annual limit (or obligation IMHO) in 10 batches. :drunk:

Good for you! :mug:

Congrats, one piece at a time seems to not hurt the wallet as much besides the deals and sales found along the way. One must not get the War Department bent out of shape on one big purchase. This is how I can only afford my future build, a piece at a time. It's in the hunt that counts, yeah sure I want to brew now. Oh well. One item off your wish list to check check off, keep going.

Great Pots! I just sold a couple of the 15 gallon version. The are truely heavy duty. I have a Brew-Magic stand and it only fits Keggles. I was heart broken when I found out those beautiful pots did not fit.

Great Pots! I just sold a couple of the 15 gallon version. The are truely heavy duty. I have a Brew-Magic stand and it only fits Keggles. I was heart broken when I found out those beautiful pots did not fit.

It sounds like it's time to start cutting some steel and weld up a brew stand
that would handle those 15 gallon kegs. The stand would be the last thing in my mind to worry about getting any kegs, keggles or pots to fit.

It sounds like it's time to start cutting some steel then weld up a brew stand
that would handle those 15 gallon kegs. The stand would be the last thing in my mind to worry about to get any kegs, keggles or pots to fit.
Build a system from the start with the amount in gallons you'll want to brew, this including any plans to expand in the future. Better to build it big and grow into it one time than be limited with a undersized brewery from the start that you'll hate and end up replacing anyway. Replacement cost alone is more than a properly sized build the first time. JMO's after being there in the past having undersized brewing systems.

If you really want to take the "fun" out of the egghunt and just get down to business...
Do a search on "EASTEREGG2009"...

They also have the 32q/8gal kettle for $30 off and lots of other stuff.

Hommel Homebrew

All too rich for my blood besides the design. I have future plans for my next brewing system, all the kegs collected for this project. It will take 12 kegs to finish with 3 keggles built the way I want them.

Wow, very ambitious choice of kettle! I've got the 15 gallon version of the same kettle, very nice stuff. I like that the bottom coupler has a male exterior, so you don't need a close nipple to attach a ball valve.

It sounds like it's time to start cutting some steel and weld up a brew stand
that would handle those 15 gallon kegs. The stand would be the last thing in my mind to worry about getting any kegs, keggles or pots to fit.

The Brew Magic stand was given to me as a gift by SWMBO. I had the pots first and she didn't realize they wouldn't fit.

Thanks for your input.. Yes, 26 gallons is ambitiuous, although I plan to brew 15 gallons batches (3 cornies, final volume).. So to account for the kettle, trub and transfer loss, being able to boil 18-19 gallons without fear of boil-over will be nice.

Now, time to convert a 70qt cooler and open my extremely low tech, labor intensive brewhouse.. ;)

The Brew Magic stand was given to me as a gift by SWMBO. I had the pots first and she didn't realize they wouldn't fit.

You can't get mad a woman that supports your hobby. One does not want to get the War Department bent out of shape. Conditions your under change everything I now understand. Still sounds like a great project, move forward.

Thanks for your input.. Yes, 26 gallons is ambitiuous, although I plan to brew 15 gallons batches (3 cornies, final volume)

The specs on that 26 gallon pot at 19.75" wide and tall not counting the wall thickness of the pot your filled to the brim to get that 26 gallons 6 oz. or 26.192 gallon advertized measurement. This without deducting for the pots wall thickness and any needed head space from the brim down. That would be 1.326 gallons per/inch so to hold a boil with 2" down from the brim without any splashing over your down to 23.53 gallons before you deduct any volume lost during the boil and the cold break left behind. Without adding many other factors involved the large diameter of that pot having 306 sq/inches of open surface area you should have a have higher boil off volume in gallons. Example a 10" keggle opening of 78.54 sq/inches of open surface area vs 306 sq/inches is 3.900 times less in open surface area for less boil off water loss. How wild the boil will change this volume loss by a large amount making for less wort before you fill the fermenter. Then the yeast and trub dumps deducted before your net filling your corny's.

Back