Freakin' Poindexter Management!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron von BeeGee

Beer Bully
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4831824.stm

Danish factory beer ban spreads

Danish manufacturing workers are up in arms over an attack on their workplace drinking habits.

Currently, only 13% of canteens in manufacturing companies serve beer for lunch, down from about 75% three years ago, according to Danske Idag.

Efforts by employers to restrict drinking has met with considerable resistance in some quarters.

Last year, Harboe Brewery workers went on strike for two days after being told to stop drinking beer while working.
The strike went ahead even though their quota of six bottles of beer per day would have remained unchanged.
The order merely said they would have to go for a break to enjoy their beer. Health concerns and demands for greater efficiency have led many employers to restrict supplies and encourage workers to cut back on their drinking.

Baron von BeeGee said:
The strike went ahead even though their quota of six bottles of beer per day would have remained unchanged.

six bottles a day!? while working!?

jesus... if I was allowed to drink a sixer at work, I wouldn't get ANYTHING done (or at least not anything worth a damn.)

-walker

It's probably a lot like the canteens in Sweden...we have beer at ours, but it's like 1.2%, or maybe less. It's also pretty bad, so I usually don't bother.

OTOH, I'm not sure I drink six of anything while I'm at work! A couple coffees, something at lunch, and maybe a water break.

What's this world coming too!?! Would sombody please think of the children! How are you supposed to impregnate your co-workers if you can't have your six pack a day?

Latest posts

Back